By using MI Bridges, applying for benefits is easy and convenient. Medical coverage, food assistance, cash assistance, childcare, and emergency assistance, such as assistance with utilities, housing, and burial costs, are all available. The application is customized based on the programs you are applying for and saves your progress automatically as your information so that you can take a break and return at any time.
You can refer to the following guide if you need information about the registration steps to access the MI Bridges portal.
How To Sign Up On The Michigan Bridges Portal?
A new account can be created in just a few minutes. Here are the steps for creating an account on the official portal:
- The official Michigan Bridges website can be found at https://newmibridges.michigan.gov/.
- The registration process can be completed by clicking the Register button on the official portal.
- Two ways are available for creating an account with MI Bridges.
- You must first apply for benefits from a Department of Human Services public benefit program if you have never done so.
- View My Case allows you to create an account, view your benefits, report changes to the worker, upload documents, and check the status of your application. There are five more steps to complete after clicking View My Case.
- Enter your personal information, such as your date of birth, case ID, or social security number.
- Your communication preferences will determine whether DHS correspondence is sent by email or text.
- Creating an account and creating a password is the third step.
- As soon as you set up your security questions, you can use them to recover your password if ever you forget it.
- To complete the registration process, click the Create Account button after you have checked the Agreement box.
Upon successful account registration and matching of your ID, you will need to answer two verification questions. If your answers are incorrect, you can redo them or call 1-844-799-9876.